August 10

About Mrs. Milstein

My name is Heather Milstein and I am thrilled to be teaching 4th Grade Options at Bell for my fourth year! Previously at Bell, I taught 2nd grade for two years. Before coming here, I taught in Skokie and worked in a 4th grade classroom in Northbrook. 

I grew up in Highland Park where I had a wonderful school experience. It is my intention to instill the same joy for learning that I was given in all of my own students. I loved elementary school so much, I always knew I wanted to return as a teacher. My favorite classes, to this day, were my 4th-6th grade English and Literature enrichment classes. During this time, I was exposed to curriculum through analytical discussion and real-world learning experiences. I am so excited to provide these types of experiences to my own students. I studied in the College of Education at University of Illinois Champaign-Urbana where I graduated with a degree in elementary education in 2010.

My husband, Larry, and I live in the West Loop with our dog Bode. We are currently working on rehabbing a house in Ravenswood and are looking forward to moving to the north side this winter.

My puppy, Bode Aerosmith Milstein

Bode Aerosmith Milstein

Please feel free to get in touch anytime for any reason. We truly are a team, and I will always be available for you.

Email: HRafferty@cps.edu